Saturday, April 12, 2008

Jorge, the Sign Painter












A gifted and interesting young man from Columbia named Jorge Arbelaez joined us on the mission trip to Chihuahua this year. He is a graphic artist in Arlington and has his own business in his home. He's also a devoted husband and father of two.
I had the privilege of painting signs for the churches in Mexico, and Jorge helped me paint, alongside my husband, Bill. Although Jorge has a degree from UTA and a successful business, he was a willing assistant, and did an excellent job painting the signs and keeping us laughing with his movie camera. We look forward to seeing the movies Jorge made of our journey, complete with his editing touches! He told us, "Movies never lie, but editing sometimes does."
If you are interested in contacting Jorge, you can email him at Jorge@arturastudios.com

1 comment:

Toni said...

I can't describe what a privilege it was to work with George. He made me feel like I knew what I was doing, and although I cannot compare to his level of professionalism, it was a joy to work with such a godly young man, willing to try something new.